Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Mirum Shopper, however all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
Arepa is a type of food made from corn flour bread prominent in the cuisine of Colombia and Venezuela, but not necessarily limited to these two countries and in different versions. If you grew up in one of these countries I bet you heard the word Arepa quite frequently at home! Made most often with white corn and water. It is eaten daily (for breakfast, lunch and dinner) in those countries and can be served with cheese, avocado, and so many other things and can be split to make sandwiches. I like that they can be fried, baked or grilled. YUMMY!
Of course being in a fast pace city, nowadays we have the option of using pre-cooked corn flour water and salt. I prefer it completely home made, but these days that’s a luxury. I’m happy just to have it at all! I love to make this delicious Latin nom nom on the weekends as a treat, and I love to use Knorr Caldo de Tomate Bouillon with Chicken Flavor in it to give it an extra something.
Delicious Arepa with Knorr Tomato Buillon
- 1 cup of pre cooked corn flour
- 1/2 cup of Water
- 1 Knorr Caldo de Tomate Bouillon with Chicken Flavor
- Butter or cheese to garnish
- Dissolve the Knorr Caldo de Tomate Bouillon with Chicken Flavor in the cup of water
- Once dissolved, add the mix to the flour
- Knead until you get a smooth thick dough
- Make several balls from the dough.
- Flatten each ball to get a thin round arepa. You can make them as thick as you want
- Place flattened ball on a grill on the stove until the arepa get crunchy on the outside
- Garnish with butter or cheese and serve
You can enjoy them for breakfast with hot chocolate yummy, fill them with your favorite meats and vegetables to make a meal of use it as a bread to sop up the flavors of other great Colombian foods. Keep an open mind and enjoy!
You can find both Knorr Caldo de Tomate Bouillon with Chicken Flavor 2.2 lb size and Knorr Caldo de Res Bouillon 2.2 lb size at your local Walmart. Grab your favorite and start cooking with your own latin twist today!