Disclosure: As a Britax Latina Blogger/Advisory Board Member (and in partnership with Mami Innovative Media) this post is part of a sponsored outreach. All opinions expressed are my own.
Thanksgiving is a reminder for us to make the time from our busy lives to spend time together and appreciate each other. Enjoying our Thanksgiving dinner is always fun! The best family time and conversations happen over meals and Thanksgiving, as we all know, can be a big meal. We can catch up with family who live a little farther away but we’ve all managed to gather together in one spot for a delicious meal. Share stories, see how much the children have grown and more.
But, for my family Thanksgiving also was a bit different this year. The day before Thanksgiving Marilu ended up the ER. She had been dealing with a sinus infection which got worse as the days went by, to the point that her right eye got so swollen, it completely shut closed. Diagnosed with Ocular Celulitis, Severe Chronic infection WITH COMPLICATIONS. She was admitted to the Florida Orlando Hospital, Disney Pavilion and discharged Sunday. So far she has overcome most of the infection, but coming along better and better each day. Incidents like these remind us of how lucky we are to have each other and our health.
Marliu with two of her nurses
With all the things going on in the world being healthy and safe is a big deal that we sometimes forget and take granted for. As parents we’ve always done what we can to keep our family safe, the kids were always buckled safely into their Britax car seats and when they got older their booster seats. Everyone is always encouraged to practice safety while driving, walking home especially at night (walk with a buddy if you can) and of course be healthy by taking care of ourselves both in body and mind.
This year we are thankful that my stepson is finally with us, my daughter is back to being healthy and Osvaldo and I are both working hard and enjoying our lives when we’re not working. We weren’t able to have the usual Thanksgiving meal but it’s all good. Marilu did enjoy her hospital meal which included turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy (she ate stuffing and mashed potatoes every day of her stay!) I snagged the pumpkin pie!
I missed Black Friday, but did send Osvaldo to pick up Marilu’s Canon Rebel camera (Christmas present). For the first time in history he experienced what making a line 2 hours ahead of store opening just to grab a great deal! AND WE DID!
How was your Thanksgiving Holiday?
Disclosure: I only recommend products or services I believe will be “family friendly.” I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
- The Little Mermaid – Exclusive Interview with the Cast - 08/14/2018
- Grab Ortega Taco Seasoning Mix For ONLY $0.23! - 08/14/2018
- Avengers: Infinity War is out on Blu-Ray TODAY! #InfinityBluRay - 08/14/2018
- Bic Silky Touch Razors Only $0.35 Each!! - 08/14/2018
- Wow! Quaker Capn Crunch Cereals Only $0.50 Right Now! - 08/13/2018
- Five Ways to Raise Financially Literate Teens Now - 08/13/2018
- Mini Babybel Cheese & Crackers Multipacks For ONLY $0.60 Each! - 08/13/2018
- The Nutcracker and the Four Realms is Dancing Towards the Big Screen - 08/13/2018
- SWEET!! Grab Both Hellman’s Ketchup & Hellman’s Mayo FREE Right Now! GO GO GO! - 08/13/2018
- Get The Gillette G3 or G5 Razor For ONLY $0.99- Reg $6.99! - 08/12/2018