This is a sponsored post brought to you by Amwell.
Amwell: My Online Doctor Visit from the comfort of my home
Amwell is something that’s been getting lots of attention for a while now. Basically, Amwell means that we can see a medical professional from the comfort of our own homes via an app on our smart devices. It’s great for super busy moms like me because it’s just as effective and safe as going to a brick and mortar office, but it’s far, far more convenient. In this world of healthcare from home, Amwell is the best of the best.
Amwell and the Busy Mom
Anything that saves us busy moms time is always a plus. When my daughter Marilu was in high school, we were literally on the go 90% of the time. Between her honors classes, camps, summits, and other various extracurricular activities, my daughter and I were always either headed somewhere or getting ready to head somewhere. It got her into an excellent college, but boy, was it time-consuming.
For on-the-go moms like me – and aren’t we all, really – Amwell is the answer to our prayers. Even now that Marilu is in college, I’m still super busy with my blog, blog conferences, and blog press trips, so I still have zero time to spare. When sickness strikes or I just need medical advice, Amwell is there to help.
The Leader in Amwell
Amwell has the most experienced doctors and is the leader in this field. So it pays to use them. They are also up to 30% cheaper than a regular doctor visit, so you’re saving time and money. Yay!
Amwell’s doctors can see you for almost everything a normal doctor could including upper respiratory issues, UTIs, colds, flu, sprains, headaches, mental health, weight loss, smoking cessation and more. I actually recently had an Amwell checkup, and I couldn’t have been more pleased.
My Amwell Experience
I’ve been doing fairly well with keeping myself healthy lately, but I’ve been slacking on the water, and that I know is causing migraines. Since I had an Amwell appointment waiting for me to give a try, I decided to speak with a doctor about staying hydrated and my migraines ..how I could do a better job of it. Something like this seemed like the perfect thing for Amwell, so I fired up the app.
Benefits of Staying Hydrated
The doctor was very nice, and she listened to my questions and gave me a rundown of why staying hydrated is so important and why I am possibly getting migraines. It was a thorough visit, so I’ll give you the highlights. For example, being properly hydrated ensures that your body functions correctly and effectively in all these areas:
- Mental acuity
- Energy levels
- Weight loss (related to metabolism)
- GI tract health
- Skin health
After the doctor explained to me that since our bodies are more than 75% water, being properly hydrated makes pretty much every part of my body work better, he gave me some tips on how I could do a better job of getting in my water throughout the day. For example:
- Set a timer to regularly get your 8 ounces.
- Flavor water with lemon or mint to make it tastier
- Institute a reward system for yourself for getting in all your water in a week
Amwell Works for Me
Honestly, must say, I had a wonderful visit with my Amwell doctor. She was attentive, knowledgeable, and she seemed genuinely interested in helping me do what I needed to do. I will definitely be using Amwell again when I’m sick. It’s an excellent service, that’s at my fingertips! Check out this WSJ article on how Amwell is positioning themselves as the Amazon of healthcare! This is HUGE!
I was very satisfied with the convenience of Amwell; the experience, price, and confidence I received. I think you’ll love it, too. Head over to the Amwell site, and for a $1 visit, use code: TELEVISIT30, like I did!
- Avengers: Infinity War is out on Blu-Ray TODAY! #InfinityBluRay - 08/14/2018
- Bic Silky Touch Razors Only $0.35 Each!! - 08/14/2018
- Wow! Quaker Capn Crunch Cereals Only $0.50 Right Now! - 08/13/2018
- Five Ways to Raise Financially Literate Teens Now - 08/13/2018
- Mini Babybel Cheese & Crackers Multipacks For ONLY $0.60 Each! - 08/13/2018
- The Nutcracker and the Four Realms is Dancing Towards the Big Screen - 08/13/2018
- SWEET!! Grab Both Hellman’s Ketchup & Hellman’s Mayo FREE Right Now! GO GO GO! - 08/13/2018
- Get The Gillette G3 or G5 Razor For ONLY $0.99- Reg $6.99! - 08/12/2018
- Starting 8/12 Score Dial Hand Soap for ONLY $0.56!! - 08/12/2018
- Covergirl Eye Enhancers 4-Kit Eyeshadow Moneymaker! - 08/12/2018