Summer was very busy for us! Travels took us to California (San Francisco, San Jose, Sacramento, Lake Tahoe) Austin, Texas but the highlight of our summer vacation was indeed the Dominican Republic.
It took years to return to my native land, but in July we finally did it! Our family spent 10 amazingly beautiful days traveling within the country! Departed early July with a connection through Miami. Okay, so maybe it wasn’t a quick stop in Miami like it was supposed to be. Actually, our flight from Miami was cancelled and had to overnight until the next evening flight. It all worked out for the best! We were able to fully experience the newly built Miami Airport terminal mall and WOW was it gorgeous (to say the least). It was good to see the amount of parents carrying their children in the Britax strollers! Such a great selection of brand especially when traveling since they can be easily stored away, and folds so easy with just one hand. The car seats and in particular the Britax Advocate, were also present! The extra time in Miami also gave us the opportunity to sleep in and rest before our big adventure. We had no idea how much we would need that quick stop in Miami.
Finally arrived Santo Domingo much later than expected. Our excitement upon arrival was greeted with relief that we finally made it, and quick sharing with family before turning in for the night.
We awoke the next morning to the most beautiful and refreshing day. We immediately hit the town and visited my cousin’s business right in the center of it all! My daughter was right at home with all the tech equipment and graphic design programs.The Capital has become a metropolitan city booming with an abundance of amazing shops!
We had the pleasure of staying with relatives, what a great experience and flooded me with memories of my childhood. I also enjoyed the 24/7 maid service, YASSS!! The feeling of being at home were moments I will cherish until we return again.
The purpose of our trip, apart from visiting relatives, was to attend my niece’s college graduation. She majored in Marketing and will departing to Spain in a month! The family won’t be seeing her for, at least, two years so it was important to everyone to be together before she leaves. Dominicans know how to throw a going away party! Merengue, sancocho and Dominican cake. Yum!
We had the pleasure of driving all the way up to Jarabacoa, and visited La Jamaca de Dios, a famous restaurant stitting on of the highest points of the island! We relished over the beautiful view of the side of the mountain…..What a view! Sitting with your family in one of the most beautiful places in the world, what more could you ask for! #Priceless
Summer 2014 was truly unforgettable! How was your Summer?
- Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners, 5 ct Only $1.12!! Stock Up!! - 09/18/2018
- Cat Owners! 9Lives Wet Cat Food for ONLY $0.15! - 09/18/2018
- Almost FREE Axe Dry Spray Right Now! Smartphone Deal! - 09/18/2018
- Suave Men Body Wash Only $0.33 - 09/17/2018
- Disney The Nutcracker and the Four Realms New Posters - 09/17/2018
- Wow!! Del Monte Fruit & Oats, 2 ct Only $0.48 - 09/16/2018
- HOT Moneymaker on Crest 3D White Toothpaste & Oral-B Adult Manual Toothbrush - 09/16/2018
- Score!! Two Months Supply One A Day Men’s Multivitamins Only $0.94!!! GO GO GO! - 09/16/2018
- Mars Chocolate Fun Size Bags For Only $1.33 a Bag!! - 09/16/2018
- Woot!! Nestle Splash Flavored Water 6 Pack Only $0.75 Each! - 09/15/2018