This week I had an urge to make something different, so I came up with a Chicken Fajita Queso Dip! We are always looking for a new appetizer for parties and get together with friends and relatives. I’ve been on a mission to come up with something tasty for gatherings. One of our favorites is chips and dip or chips and cheese). This take on Queso is different and amazing!
We love to use Cacique Queso Fresco for our cheese dips, so for out fajita queso dip, it wasn’t going to be any different! For over 40 years, Cacique’s Mexican-style products have used only the finest ingredients and authentic recipes. Cacique has remained a family owned company dedicated to producing the highest quality authentic products.
Chicken Fajita Queso Dip
- 1 each red, yellow, orange, and green pepper
- Optional: 1 small Jalapeño…. I’m not that brave, so I didn’t add it to this recipe.
- 1 small red onion
- 1 large tomato or several small ones
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 can of chicken breast, 12.5 oz
- 1 package of Cacique Queso Fresco
- garlic powder, cumin, red pepper flakes to taste
Begin by dicing up the peppers, onion, and tomatoes. I used about 1/3 of each pepper, half the onion, and all of my tomatoes.
Saute the veggies in a large skillet coated in oil. Season with garlic powder, cumin, and red pepper flakes to taste.
After the veggies are softened add the canned chicken breast and the lime juice.
Break up the chicken and continue cooking until the chicken is warm.
While the chicken and veggies cook, dice up the Cacique Queso Fresco and add to a sauce pan with the whipping cream.
Cook over low heat until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth.
If the sauce isn’t thick enough you can combine a little flour and whipping cream to stir in as a thickener like you would do when making a gravy.
When the cheese sauce is ready and the chicken mixture is heated combine them in a medium bowl.
Pour into a pretty bowl and serve with tortilla chips!
- Clean & Clear Jelly Eye Sheet Mask Only $0.50 - 05/21/2018
- P&G Everyday Offers Everyday Value - 05/21/2018
- Prego Pasta Sauce Only $0.88 - 05/21/2018
- Schick Quattro for You Razors Only $1.59 - 05/20/2018
- All Laundry Detergent Only $1.99 - 05/20/2018
- Downy Infusions Liquid Only $2.50 - 05/20/2018
- Pace Salsa Only $1.50 - 05/19/2018
- Yardley Bar Soaps Only $0.75 - 05/19/2018
- Arm & Hammer Power Paks FREE - 05/19/2018
- Family Dining and More at World’s Largest Cici’s Pizza – Branson Missouri! - 05/18/2018