It’s hard to believe that Thanksgiving is just around the corner. This year has just flown by. We’ll be hosting this year’s Thanksgiving dinner and while we will of course have all of the traditional Thanksgiving dinner foods like turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes I have also been playing with some new recipes for sides that I plan to serve. One that my family has fallen in love with and I just can’t wait to share with everyone is this Cranberry Pear and Pecan Coleslaw. I love the flavors of the cranberry and pear together!
Cranberry Pear and Pecan Coleslaw
- 1/2 head of cabbage
- 1 large carrot
- 1 large pear
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup roasted pecans
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup cranberry juice
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- Begin by washing and chopping your cabbage.
- Wash the pear and remove the core. Cut it into small pieces and add it to the cabbage.
- Peal your carrot and wash it. Shred it into the cabbage and pears.
- Add the dried cranberries to the pears, cabbage, and carrots.
Coarsely chop the pecans and add them to the the slaw mix.
In a separate bowl whisk together the Mayonnaise, balsamic vinegar, cranberry juice, and sugar. Pour the dressing over the slaw mix and stir together well to combine.
Chill until ready to serve!
This recipe is a great gluten free side for Thanksgiving dinner and a fun twist on coleslaw. The sweet pears and the tart cranberries are a great combination. The dressing follows with the tart vinegar, sweet and tart cranberry juice, and the sweet sugar. The crunch of the pecans give an added texture and earthy flarvor that sets this coleslaw apart!
As an option you could add crumbled bacon pieces to this coleslaw recipe. Bacon makes just about everything better, doesn’t it?
- Del Monte Fruit in Gel Cups ONLY $0.25! - 02/25/2018
- Almay Eye Shadow ONLY $0.58! - 02/25/2018
- Campbell’s Well Yes Soup ONLY $0.84! - 02/25/2018
- TRESemme Pro Collection Thick & Full ONLY $0.30 - 02/25/2018
- Hershey’s Gold Peanuts & Pretzels Candy Bar Only $0.40 - 02/25/2018
- Godiva or Lindt Chocolate Bar ONLY $1.50! - 02/25/2018
- Dole Tropical Fruit Only $0.63 - 02/24/2018
- Excedrin PM Headache Only $0.84 - 02/24/2018
- Colgate Toothpaste Only $0.99 - 02/24/2018
- Aquafina Sparkling Water 8-Pack Only $1.79 - 02/24/2018