Mary Poppins Returns is causing quite a stir in the Disney community – at least it is in my Disney community. Down here in Florida, all we Disneyphiles can talk about is the new sequel – not remake – to one of the most beloved films in the Disney library, Mary Poppins. Mary Poppins Returns features all the music, singing, and feel that we loved about the first film, and this new special look at the film gives us a sampling of just that.
Mary Poppins Returns Special Look – The Music and Magic
I can already feel my childhood rushing back at me. But this isn’t just a nostalgia-driven film. What I love the most about the movie is that it’s a sequel following all my favorite characters in a brand new story. It’s the perfect marriage of what I loved and something new to keep it fresh. I’m excited!
About Mary Poppins Returns
In Disney’s MARY POPPINS RETURNS, an all-new original musical and sequel, Mary Poppins is back to help the next generation of the Banks family find the joy and wonder missing in their lives following a personal loss. Emily Blunt stars as the practically-perfect nanny with unique magical skills who can turn any ordinary task into an unforgettable, fantastic adventure and Lin-Manuel Miranda plays her friend Jack, an optimistic street lamplighter who helps bring light—and life—to the streets of London.
MARY POPPINS RETURNS is directed by Rob Marshall. The screenplay is by David Magee and the screen story is by Magee & Rob Marshall & John DeLuca based upon the Mary Poppins Stories by PL Travers. The producers are John DeLuca, p.g.a., Rob Marshall, p.g.a. and Marc Platt, p.g.a. with Callum McDougall serving as executive producer. The music score is by Marc Shaiman and the film features all-new original songs with music by Shaiman and lyrics by Scott Wittman and Shaiman. The film also stars Ben Whishaw as Michael Banks; Emily Mortimer as Jane Banks; Julie Walters as the Banks’ housekeeper Ellen; Pixie Davies, Nathanael Saleh and introducing Joel Dawson as the Banks’ children, with Colin Firth as Fidelity Fiduciary Bank’s William Weatherall Wilkins; and Meryl Streep as Mary’s eccentric cousin, Topsy. Angela Lansbury appears as the Balloon Lady, a treasured character from the PL Travers books and Dick Van Dyke is Mr. Dawes, Jr., the retired chairman of the bank now run by Firth’s character.
MARY POPPINS RETURNS arrives in theatres everywhere on December 19th!
For All the Info on Mary Poppins Returns
- BIC Silky Touch Disposable Razors Moneymaker Deal! - 02/22/2019
- Score a FREE BIC Flex 2 Hybrid Razor 10-Count Pack - 02/22/2019
- Wow!!! Eucerin Skin Calming Creme Only $0.49 Each! - 02/21/2019
- Score Speed Stick Deodorants FREE This Week! - 02/21/2019
- Lean Cuisine Frozen Meals Only $0.73 - 02/20/2019
- Sweet Baby Ray’s Hot Sauce FREE Again! - 02/20/2019
- Ditch the Razor! The Philips Norelco S9000 Prestige Qi-Charge Electric Shaver at Best Buy - 02/20/2019
- Free Bic Silky Touch or Twin Select Disposable Razors - 02/19/2019
- Palmolive Dish Liquid Only $0.99! - 02/19/2019
- Sweeeeet! Truvia Stevia Sweetener Moneymaker! - 02/18/2019