Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Mirum Shopper, however all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
If you are Dominican and hear the word MANGU, it will make you drool! I’m guilty. For those that don’t know, what this delicious dish is, Mangu is the typical Dominican breakfast, and a great way to start any day!
Mangu is basically boiled, mashed green plantains with olive oil and a few others ingredients which vary from person to person. I personally like to give it a twist with Knorr Caldo de Tomate Bouillon. You can pair the mangu with either eggs, Dominican Salami and/or fried cheese (also known as “Los Tres Golpes!). For this recipe we added an avocado salad since we didn’t eat it for breakfast, but for lunch.
- 3 green plantains
- 1 Knorr Caldo de Tomate Bouillon with Chicken Flavor 2.2 lb size
- 1½ teaspoons of salt
- 4 tablespoons of butter or olive oil
- ½ of diced sauteed onion (before this, I soaked my onions in vinegar)!
- 1 cup of water at room temperature
- Cut and peel each plantain and chop them up.
- Boil the plantains with the Knorr Caldo de Tomate Bouillon in enough water to cover the plantains until they are soft
- Remove plantains from the water and mash until there are no lumps. Some prefer it with some lumps, I personally do not. I like them nice and smooth.
- As you mash the plantains, add the olive oil, onions and water at room temperature
- Mix until you have a smooth puree
Mangu is one of my most favorite Dominican dishes. It’s always been delicious, but I must say the addition of Knorr Caldo de Tomate Bouillon, added a nice twist to the mangu that I and my family really enjoyed. Give this mangu recipe a try. After that, stretch your own creative cooking skills and see how Knorr can help you get creative in the kitchen.
You can find both Knorr Caldo de Tomato Bouillon with Chicken Flavor 2.2 lb size and Knorr Beef Flavor Buillon 2.2 lb size at your local Walmart.
- Nice Moneymaker on Dulcolax Laxative This Week! - 08/16/2018
- Yasso Frozen Greek Yogurt Pint Only $1- RUN! - 08/16/2018
- WOW!! Tide Pods ONLY $0.27! Yes, Please!! - 08/16/2018
- Rimmel ScandalEyes Mascara ONLY $0.07! Don’t Miss It! - 08/15/2018
- Score FREE Garnier Fructis Shampoo or Conditioner This Week! - 08/15/2018
- FREE! Jimmy Dean Sausage Links – You Don’t Want to Miss! - 08/15/2018
- HOT! Moneymaker on Nivea Body Wash & Garnier Hair Care This Week! - 08/14/2018
- The Little Mermaid – Exclusive Interview with the Cast - 08/14/2018
- Grab Ortega Taco Seasoning Mix For ONLY $0.23! - 08/14/2018
- Avengers: Infinity War is out on Blu-ray TODAY! #InfinityBluray - 08/14/2018