Disclosure: I received a 2016 Ford Flex for a week to facilitate this review.
During my recent trip to Los Angeles, California to attend the Kubo and the Two Strings and Bad Moms events, I had the opportunity to experience and show off the 2016 Ford FLEX and I was quite pleased with this sporty crossover. The 2016 Ford FLEX has everything I love about an SUV, but in a smaller package that makes it easy to navigate in tighter situations.
2016 Ford FLEX – FLEX is More Than Just a Name
The Kubo and the Two Strings blogger event I attended was in L.A., so you know… not a lot of breathing room there. That’s the first thing I noticed about the FLEX. FLEX is more than just a name. Although this SUV crossover has a ton of interior space, it’s very brilliantly packed into an exterior that is small enough to be able to navigate congested areas like L.A.
And speaking of space, the two back seats can be lowered to further increase the already impressive trunk space of the vehicle. As anyone who knows me can attest, that’s important for me. 😉 The back seats are also separated, which gives further options for storage if you have a long item or just to keep siblings from doing the whole “he’s too close to me!” thing.
The styling of the 2016 Ford FLEX is very appealing It’s sleek, and yet it has this nice, somewhat boxy throwback feel that almost made me feel like I was driving an updated Bronco. I’m not sure if they intended that, but I thought it was extremely nice. The lines are clean, the headlights have a sufficiently tough look to them. All in all, it’s just the perfect styling for a crossover – tough tempered with smooth.
The 2016 Ford FLEX has you covered with comfort as well. Although I didn’t do a ton of driving in L.A. proper, I did take some excursions through some outside cities – Malibu and Calabassas – to get a feel for the area. In the congested city, the comfortable seating made it somewhat less stressful to try not to hit people who never seem to look up from their phones, and on the open road, the seating and A.C. kept my tush comfy and my body cool. The sound system was very nice, as well, sporting a nice bottom end that really gave some oomph to my music! And the trunk? Marvelous dah-ling!
2016 Ford Flex Specs
The new FLEX comes in a variety of great colors including Magnetic Metallic, Guard Metallic, and Bronze Fire Metallic Tinted Clearcoat. You can also get it in a two-tone roof design in either Tuxedo Black Metallic and White or Deep Impact Blue Metallic and White. Even the colors are impressive!
- Available SYNC® with MyFord Touch® technology, which combines the connectivity of voice commands with a full-color, 8-inch touch screen in the center stack and two 4.2-inch LCD screens in the instrument cluster.
- Intelligent Access with push-button start is now standard on Flex SEL
- Available active park assist uses ultrasonic sensors to locate a parallel parking space. Once a spot is identified, the system steers Flex into place with the driver controlling the gearshift, gas and brake pedals
- Available navigation system with SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link combines GPS technology with 3D mapping and provides voice-guided, turn-by-turn directions. SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link provides detailed traffic information, plus weather forecasts, gas station locations and prices, sports scores and schedules, and theater locations with movie listings and times
- Available PowerFold® third-row seat flips and folds, allowing for a flat load floor for additional cargo space
- Second-row refrigerated console is available that can chill up to seven 12-ounce cans, four half-liter bottles or two 20-ounce bottles to 41 degrees Fahrenheit; the freeze mode drops to 23 degrees Fahrenheit
- Heated steering wheel and Intelligent Access with push-button start add to the many luxury features available for the 2015 Flex
- Available inflatable rear safety belts help to hold outboard passengers securely in place.
- Adaptive cruise control, collision warning with brake support, and Blind Spot Information System (BLIS®) with cross-traffic alert are available to help drivers avoid potential accidents.
- Intelligent all-wheel drive continuously monitors vehicle and driver input, predicts traction and automatically delivers the precise amount of engine torque needed to all four wheels – even before slippage occurs.
- Available Torque Vectoring Control uses the vehicle’s brakes to imitate the effect of a limited-slip differential.
- Curve Control senses when the vehicle is entering a curve too quickly, and can apply four-wheel smart braking to reduce vehicle speed by up to 10 mph in approximately one second and help drivers follow their intended path
Whew. Okay, I know that was a lot of reading, but if you’re looking into the 2016 Ford FLEX, it pays to know all about this amazing vehicle!
2016 Ford FLEX – FLEXible Enough for Everyday Use
The 2016 Ford FLEX is a great crossover vehicle. Unlike some crossovers, it manages to marry plenty of space with a smaller design incredibly well. I had no trouble fitting everything into the vehicle, and yet it was easy to navigate through congested L.A. traffic and pedestrians. If you’re in the market for a great crossover vehicle, give the 2016 Ford FLEX a look.
Thank you Ford for the wonderful experience!
- FREE Amazon Kindle eBooks – October 23 - 10/23/2017
- **FREE** Mentos Mints! - 10/23/2017
- Sunday Coupon Inserts – October 22 - 10/22/2017
- Colgate Max Toothpaste for ONLY $0.49! - 10/21/2017
- Purex Liquid or Powder Detergent for ONLY $0.99! - 10/20/2017
- Persil Proclean Laundry Detergent for ONLY $2.99! - 10/20/2017
- Bar-S Franks Hot Dogs ONLY $0.50! - 10/19/2017
- Air Wick Freshmatic Ultra Refill ONLY $0.75! - 10/19/2017
- Disney Pixar COCO New Clip and Featurette Just Released #PixarCoco - 10/18/2017
- FREE Amazon Kindle eBooks – October 18 - 10/18/2017