While growing up in Spanish Harlem in NYC, financial education was never a topic spoken of at home. Not that my parents didn’t care, but because we were not financially fit. Their efforts were concentrated on supporting us and financial education at the time, was not attainable. College tuition for us was not a subject my parents worried about. To them, it was our sole responsibility and honestly it was! We paid our college tuition, and never did we stop to blame our parents for not saving.
After becoming a parent, financial education was a must and a priority! Due to the language barrier of many Latinos, we are sometimes ignorant and/or disconnected from mainstream financial institutions. This is not an excuse and has been changing significantly in recent years. We are a more savvy financial oriented generation. The Latino community is more aware of issues of financial education and financial literacy. My daughter is a Junior in High School and due to her extraordinary involvement in the community and outstanding grades, we have already secured aprox. 80% of her college tuition. Her dreams and personal goals are guaranteed, thanks to our involvement in her education. That is peace of mind and freedom.
Join me at the #FinanzasLatinos educational Twitter Party to discuss this super important topic of Financial Education Among Latinos Families. We will learn the importance of financial education for Latinos, including how to prepare for life events such as layoff, marriage, and others. You will also learn tips to stay financially fit every day, such as money management tips, resources and programs to pay off your debt, etc.
Beatriz Hartman, Community Outreach Director for Consolidated Credit Counseling Services will provide learning tips on how to use credit credits wisely, and to build budgets that will help you take control of your personal finances. Finally, Beatriz will present her view on what it will take for Latino families to improve their Finances in the next 5 to 10 years. Look forward to connecting with you! Here is the information to the Twitter Party:
● When: Thursday May 8th 2014
● Time: 9pm EST / 5pm PCT
● Where: Twitter
● Twitter Party twubs link: http://twubs.com/FinanzasLatinos
● Hashtag: #FinanzasLatinos
Who to Follow
● Host: @LatinoSEM
● Co-Host: @MamaXXI, @CouponMamacita, @DenisseIcaza, @AhorraDolares, @MiamiMSavings
● Sponsor: @ConsolidatedESP
● Prize #1: $100 Visa Gift card & the book Power Up: Taking Charge of Your Financial Destiny by Howard Dvorkin
● Prize #2: $75 Visa Gift card & the book Power Up: Taking Charge of Your Financial Destiny by Howard Dvorkin
● Prize #3: $50 Visa Gift card & the book Power Up: Taking Charge of Your Financial Destiny by Howard Dvorkin
● Prize #4: $25 Visa Gift card & the book Power Up: Taking Charge of Your Financial Destiny by Howard Dvorkin
All prizes come with a Free Debt Analysis courtesy of Consolidated Credit services click here for more information.
- YES!!! Scotties Tissues Free!! - 02/15/2019
- HOT! SkinnyPop Ready To Eat Popcorn Freebie Right Now! - 02/15/2019
- Softsoap Body Wash Moneymaker!! - 02/14/2019
- Stock Up!!! Carmex SuperCran Lip Butter ONLY $0.49! - 02/14/2019
- Colgate Optic White Toothpaste Moneymaker - 02/13/2019
- BIC Silky Touch Disposable Razors Moneymaker!! NICE! - 02/13/2019
- Clairol Permanent Root Touch Up FREEBIE! - 02/12/2019
- HOT! CoverGirl Easy Breezy Brow Fill + Define Twin Pack Moneymaker!! - 02/12/2019
- Dimetapp Moneymaker Right Now!! - 02/11/2019
- 12 Simple Salmon Recipes – Quick & Easy and Healthy too! - 02/11/2019