Get Ready to Fall Back Time
Do you ever feel like daylight savings time change takes you weeks to recover from? Especially when you are falling back on November 5, 2017! Darkness sets in much sooner and can be as earlier as 4:30 PM depending on where you live. It can be even tougher with those of us who have kids. Here are some tips that can make it easier for everyone.
When you know it is getting close start making time adjustments to things like bedtime. If you normally put them to bed at 8:30 then start at 8:40. Wait a day or so and adjust again until bedtime is 9 PM. When the time changes you will be right where you want to be. If this doesn’t work for you then plan for extra sleep time or naptime to allow them to catch up to the time change.
Stick to your routine as much as possible. This is important for kids and not everyone struggles with the adjustment. Sticking to a normal routine as much as you can make adapting in other areas easier. Keep in mind, changes like this can throw everyone off so a little fussiness and cranky behavior can be expected, especially in younger children, and they won’t understand why. Again, be prepared for extra down time for a week or so.
Adults Need To Adjust Too
While our kids tend to be on our radar first and foremost don’t forget you and your significant other as well. Give yourself some grace! Slowly adjust your bedtime or plan a routine activity like a bubble bath and a cup of tea to help you ease into the changed time.
Get Your Vitamin D
With darkness coming early you may also need to plan your outdoor time so you get plenty of sun. Consider a good Vitamin D supplement over the winter for both kids and adults. There are also specialty lamps for those who suffer emotionally from the lack of sunlight so watch for that too!
How do you prepare for November 5, 2017?
- Need School Supplies!! Grab This Five Star 4-Pocket Paper Folder FREE!! - 08/19/2018
- Scott Comfort Plus Bath Tissue Only $0.17 a Roll - 08/19/2018
- Start your Day off Right with Jimmy Dean Delights® Egg’wich - 08/19/2018
- Starting 8/19! FREE Colgate Enamel Health & Colgate Sensitive Toothpaste! - 08/18/2018
- Annie’s Homegrown Organic Granola Bars Only $1.60 (Reg $4.19) - 08/18/2018
- Wow!! Free Nature’s Bounty Vitamins This Week! - 08/18/2018
- Quaker Overnight Oats Oatmeal FREE - 08/17/2018
- Run! FREE Nivea Shave Gel Right Now! - 08/17/2018
- Save on Trident Gum at Walmart with Ibotta! - 08/17/2018
- Clear Eyes Eye Drops Only $1.79 (Reg $4.29)!! - 08/17/2018