The holidays have come and gone, and with them came all kinds of tasty treats. In my family, one treat we always have is Caspiroleta. Aside from its delicious flavor, Caspiroleta makes the holidays complete with the protein and vitamins found in its main ingredient – milk.
A Treat for the Holidays
My family looks forward to having Caspiroleta every year. It’s rich, sweet, and delicious, with a wonderful creaminess and warmth that is perfect for the holidays. That’s not all it has, though. In addition to its flavor, my family gets some great health benefits, as well.
An 8 ounce glass of milk has 9 essential nutrients and 8 grams of protein. That’s 2 grams more than an egg, which is important when you consider that protein is the building block of muscle and plays a key role in healthy hair, bone, teeth, and more. It’s also one of the most affordable sources of protein on the market, and studies have shown that protein at breakfast can help keep a healthy diet on track. Here is my delicious Caspiroleta recipe for your enjoyment!
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tbsp raw sugar
- 1 egg white
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- Ground cinnamon
In a medium sauce pan combine the milk, cinnamon sticks, and raw sugar.
Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. While milk is heating, whisk egg white until it is foamy. Whisk yolks separately and add to foamy egg whites. Once the milk has begun to boil slowly pour into eggs, stirring constantly. Stir in the vanilla.
Divide the Caspiroleta into mugs or glasses and garnish with ground cinnamon and cinnamon sticks. Sit with your family and friends and enjoy the warm, creamy deliciousness for the holidays!
Enjoy the Delicious Nutrition of Milk for the Holidays
With 8 grams of protein, B vitamins for energy, vitamin A for a healthy immune system, calcium and vitamin D for strong bones and teeth, and potassium, milk is one of the most healthy foods available – and one of the most affordable.
With all of that goodness packed into milk, this Caspiroleta recipe means a delicious and healthy treat for the holidays. It’s got just enough sweetness and cinnamon goodness to make you all warm and fuzzy inside. Check out additional recipe ideas HERE!
What are some of your favorite Latin recipes for the Holiday season?
And speaking of milk for the holidays, you can win $50 in “milk money” to make what’s left of the holidays fuertes con leche and full of healthy flavor. To enter giveaway, simply fill out the rafflecopter form below! Good luck!
- Disney’s Live Action Mulan Begins Production - 08/16/2018
- Nice Moneymaker on Dulcolax Laxative This Week! - 08/16/2018
- Yasso Frozen Greek Yogurt Pint Only $1- RUN! - 08/16/2018
- WOW!! Tide Pods ONLY $0.27! Yes, Please!! - 08/16/2018
- Rimmel ScandalEyes Mascara ONLY $0.07! Don’t Miss It! - 08/15/2018
- Score FREE Garnier Fructis Shampoo or Conditioner This Week! - 08/15/2018
- FREE! Jimmy Dean Sausage Links – You Don’t Want to Miss! - 08/15/2018
- HOT! Moneymaker on Nivea Body Wash & Garnier Hair Care This Week! - 08/14/2018
- The Little Mermaid – Exclusive Interview with the Cast - 08/14/2018
- Grab Ortega Taco Seasoning Mix For ONLY $0.23! - 08/14/2018