How to Keep Your Cool When Black Friday Sales Get Hot
Black Friday is known as a day when people scour the mall for the best deals of the season. Shoppers dig through hundreds of Black Friday ads before the big day to find the greatest discounts from all of their favorite stores. When Black Friday arrives, millions of people across America wake up before the crack of dawn to shop for big savings. Here are some ways to keep your sanity around thousands of other shoppers this Black Friday:
- Have a Plan of Attack
To get the best deals this holiday season, make a list of the products that you want the most. Knowing which stores have the lowest prices for those items will save you time and money when you visit the mall and shopping centers. Use your time wisely by purchasing the two or three items that you really want before anything else. Planning ahead prevents impulse buying and returns later.
- Don’t Break the Bank
Along with your list, make a plan for how much you intend to spend on each item. For example, if you are going to buy a new range for your kitchen, you might write that you do not want to spend more than $800 on it. Having a realistic budget and sticking to it will help you stay on track with your spending. If you overspend on one item, cross off other items to compensate. This will let you shop within your means and see where you stand financially throughout the day.
- Pick Your Battles
Every year we hear horror stories of shoppers being trampled and injured on Black Friday. Many of these stories involve crazy moms fighting over the last hot toy in the store. Whether it’s Elmo or a Gucci purse, these items are not worth fighting over on Black Friday! Let the person who gets there first buy the item. The same applies in the parking lot. Spaces are likely to be limited so instead of racing around the parking lot like a madman, wait your turn and be polite. Remember the Golden Rule: treat others as you want to be treated.
- Don’t Get Frustrated
Even though you wake up at 3:00 in the morning, you don’t need to become cranky before lunchtime. You are not obligated to buy anything on Black Friday. Try not to spend your money just for the sake of spending it. If you don’t find anything you really want, remember that holiday deals last through New Year’s Day or later so you can visit the mall when it is much less crowded.
- Divide and Conquer
You obviously can’t be in two places at the same time so shopping with a relative or friend on Black Friday can be incredibly helpful. Bring in the reinforcements and split your list by store or, if you are really prepared, by the section of the mall. That way, you can both get the items you really want first and spend the rest of the day shopping with your buddy. It’s a win-win situation.
Do you have any other tips to keep your sanity while shopping on Black Friday?
- Nice! FREE Trolli, Black Forest, or Now and Later Candy This Week! - 10/16/2018
- Best Buy: Go Cordless with Google Chromecast Streaming Media Player - 10/16/2018
- Grab Your Coupon! Almay On The Ball Pen Eyeliner, Black Only $0.08! - 10/16/2018
- Sweet! Covergirl LashBlast Mascara Only $2.49! Reg $6.99! - 10/16/2018
- Nice! Bic Simply Soleil Women’s Razors Only $0.27 Each! - 10/15/2018
- STOCK UP!!! Scott Extra Soft Bathroom Tissue 12 ct ONLY $3! - 10/15/2018
- Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent & Tide Pods Only $1.69 Each! - 10/15/2018
- Nice Deal! Suave Advanced Therapy Lotion Only $0.47! - 10/14/2018
- Nice!! BOGO on Perdue Chicken Fully Cooked Making it $2.50! - 10/14/2018
- Chobani Smooth Yogurt-Single Serve Cups Only $0.25 - 10/14/2018