LEGOLAND® Florida Resort: Project X Roller Coaster Begins Transformation!
Project X roller coaster has been one of the staple rides at LEGOLAND Florida Resort for a long time. Recently, LEGOLAND announced that Project X roller coaster would be transformed into The Great LEGO Race, a new attraction guaranteed to add an exciting virtual reality story to the existing roller coaster track. But LEGOLAND being what it is, it had to be done ceremoniously.
Last Rider of Project X Roller Coaster Gets Big Surprise
Rowan Lewis happened to be the very last rider on the Project X roller, and he got more than just the final seat on the ride. At 5:05 pm, he became the last child to ride the coaster, and when he stepped off the ride, he was greeted to a big surprise. LEGO pirate Captain Brickbeard personally awarded Rowan his very on brick-built trophy crowning his unique – and once in a lifetime – achievement.
Even Better than the Original
The Great LEGO Race will be above and beyond anything that LEGOLAND visitors have ever experience. With animated action taking place on the ground and in the air, the wild and wacky race pits guests against LEGO mini-figures including a pirate, wizard, surfer and pharaoh as they steer LEGO-built vehicles like a rocket-powered windsurfing rig, a stylish scooter fueled by espresso and an ornately canopied bed (called a “litter”) carried by mummy servants. Wearing optional VR headsets, riders will experience the action from every direction while riding the roller coaster — up, down, forward, backward and all points in between – in a dazzling environment where everything is made of LEGO bricks.
Guests must be at least 42 inches tall (1.2m) to ride, or be accompanied by a responsible adult at least 48 inches tall. The VR headsets are designed to fit both adults and children and can be adjusted for comfort. The VR experience is intended for children 6 and up, and guests can choose to ride without wearing the headset.
Preview the 360-degree experience with MackMedia’s Coastiality mobile app (www.coastiality.com/en/), available for iOS, Android and Oculus devices from the App Store, Google Play, and the Oculus Store. The app is free to download and can be enjoyed with or without a VR headset.
- Time to Stock Up!!! Pop-Tarts ONLY $0.80 Per Box!! - 01/19/2019
- Pay Nothing for Wet n Wild Glitter Single Eye Shadow!! - 01/19/2019
- Dolly Parton’s Christmas Stampede - 01/18/2019
- Sweet!! Schar Gluten Free Wafers Moneymaker - 01/18/2019
- Best Buy Open House Event 1/19 - 01/18/2019
- Captain Marvel Posters Just Released - 01/18/2019
- Garnier Fructis Hair Care Moneymaker This Week! - 01/17/2019
- Alka-Seltzer Plus Allergy FREE - 01/16/2019
- SWEET!! Forto Coffee Shot Moneymaker Right Now! - 01/16/2019
- Scott Comfort Plus Bath Tissue 12 Rolls Only $0.15 Per Roll!! Deal Starts 1/13! - 01/15/2019