Disclosure: Sponsored post by Mirum Shopper. All opinions are my own.
Strangewich might sound like an odd word, but it means exactly what it sounds like it does. It’s a strange sandwich. We all have one of them in our lives – that one weird flavor combo that we put between two pieces of bread. And while we never really stop to think about our unique tastes, Hellmann’s does. That’s why they’re honoring the strangewich with help from Dale Earnhardt Jr. and the #StrangewichChallenge. This challenge is all about embracing the weird we sometimes put between our bread slices, and I was able to be a part of the event kick off that was held recently in Daytona Beach.
Strangewich Challenge Kickoff in Daytona Beach, FL
A couple of weeks ago, I had the honor and opportunity of attending the kickoff of the 2017 Strangewich Challenge in the Daytona Beach Walmart with Dale Jr. (Yasss!) It was a day filled with fun activities such as Carnival Type of game, the show Car on site (Hellmann’s 88 Car) a pit stop demonstration, race car simulators, and, of course, a mini Strangewich Challenge. The weather was really hot, which was odd for this time of year, even in Florida, but it was nice to be warm for a change!
— Myrah Duque (@Couponmamacita) February 24, 2017
The event started with Dale Jr. and crew showing all of us what it’s like to be right there in the pit. It was exciting – and really loud! After that, we watched four teams come up with their best and weirdest sandwiches in a mini #StrangewichChallenge. While there were some interesting creations there, the one that I thought was most intriguing was a sandwich using donuts as the bread. You might think that’s a little TOO weird, but I say donuts are always winners!
We even got to see Dale Jr.’s newest Strangewich creation, a turkey and Doritos sandwich with Hellman’s Mayo on white bread. I came home to tell my husband about this, and he said, “He stole my sandwich!” It’s true. LOL The hubby has been putting chips on sandwiches for years.
Have you ever watched someone “create” a sandwich so crazy you actually thought to yourself, “There is no way they can actually eat that”? Then, they take a big bite and you almost cannot stomach it. This was the thought process behind the Salt & Vinegar Ham-Peroni. Check out mine!
What you need
- Salt & Vinegar Chips
- Black Forrest Ham
- American Cheese
- Sandwich sliced pickles
- Hellmann’s Mayo
I took my daughter’s favorite foods and stacked them between two pieces of bread. It was a great experience to create something new and strange like this!
What is the craziest food you have made and tried lately?
We had a great time! Watching it all from up close how his pit crew were in action was an incredible awe moment indeed for me!
Want to be part of this unique challenge? Participate in the Strangewich Challenge Sweepstakes by creating your very own Strangewich with Hellmann’s Mayo from Walmart and sharing your UNIQUE, STRANGE creation.
Grand Prize- 1 Winner
- VIP NASCAR Experience for family of 4- Charlotte, NC 6&7 : $7,125
- Meet & Greet with Dale Earnhardt Jr.
- Exlusive tour of Dale Jr.’s race shop (JRM)
- (4) VIP credential of Xfinity race: N/A
- (4) Tickets to Xfinity race & Monster Energy Cup Race: $600
- (3) Nights hotel: $525
- (4) Airfare to Charlotte, NC: $3,000
- Visa Gift Card for incidentals: $500
- Bulldog Chaperone fee: $2,500
Go HERE for all information and make sure to share your STRANGEWICH on Twitter and Instagram!
- Garnier Fructis Hair Care Moneymaker This Week! - 01/17/2019
- Alka-Seltzer Plus Allergy FREE - 01/16/2019
- SWEET!! Forto Coffee Shot Moneymaker Right Now! - 01/16/2019
- Scott Comfort Plus Bath Tissue 12 Rolls Only $0.15 Per Roll!! Deal Starts 1/13! - 01/15/2019
- Crest Pro-Health or Complete Toothpaste FREE! - 01/15/2019
- Lysol Disinfecting Wipes Only $1.05 Each!! Stock Up! - 01/14/2019
- Valentine’s Day – Sweet Treats to Share! - 01/14/2019
- Celentano Cheese Ravioli Only $0.75! - 01/14/2019
- Hellmann’s Ketchup Sweetened with Honey Only $0.75 Each! - 01/13/2019
- Nice!! Score Bic Pencils for FREE Right Now! - 01/13/2019