My daughter is now almost 16 but I remember her potty training days, as it would have been yesterday! It was a difficult task, but fun at the same time, monitoring her and watching the different techniques she attempted in order to go back to her diaper! If you are just starting to potty train your bundle of joy, here are some tips that my friend First Time Mom shared withus!
1. Understand when your child is ready and make sure that it’s the child’s decision (not yours) to potty train. Yeah I can’t emphasize that one enough. You cannot force a child into potty training and doing so will most likely result in negative associations with going potty
2. Figure out what matters to your child as far as rewards go. For our son it was toy cars and candy since he doesn’t eat candy often. The problem we found was that he figured out that he got a piece of candy for every time he went on the potty. That resulted in little poops and dribbles of pee in the potty. So after he was pretty consistent on the feeling of needing to go to the bathroom we then switched the reward system to making a big poop or pee in the potty.
3. Invest in some quality cloth trainers. We did go the route of disposable Pull-Ups at first b/c I honestly didn’t know about cloth trainers. Wowzas are Pull-Ups EXPENSIVE! What to do? Purchase some cloth trainers! We used Eco Posh trainers once we made the switch. I liked them. I mean if Buggie had a full blown accident where he emptied his entire bladder the trainers didn’t really hold everything in but keep in mind that they are TRAINERS not a diaper. They aren’t meant to full everything.
4. Look into keeping your nighttime cloth diaper routines. It’s kind of rare that kids are instantly nighttime potty trained. It can have some links to a hormone deficiency that helps the kidneys stop producing as much urine during sleep by concentrating it so that it doesn’t overfill. You should never punish your potty training child for wetting the bed. (Thanks again FirstTimeMom!)
Do YOU have any potty training tips?
- Tide PODS Laundry Detergent Offer – $3 Coupon! - 01/20/2019
- Time to Stock Up!!! Pop-Tarts ONLY $0.80 Per Box!! - 01/19/2019
- Pay Nothing for Wet n Wild Glitter Single Eye Shadow!! - 01/19/2019
- Dolly Parton’s Christmas Stampede - 01/18/2019
- Sweet!! Schar Gluten Free Wafers Moneymaker - 01/18/2019
- Best Buy Open House Event 1/19 - 01/18/2019
- Captain Marvel Posters Just Released - 01/18/2019
- Garnier Fructis Hair Care Moneymaker This Week! - 01/17/2019
- Alka-Seltzer Plus Allergy FREE - 01/16/2019
- SWEET!! Forto Coffee Shot Moneymaker Right Now! - 01/16/2019