How to Re-purpose and Reuse Glass Jars for Pretty Storage
Very frequently, when I come across an empty glass jar it is so hard for me to toss it in the recycling bin. The size, shape doesn’t matter, making it sometimes hard not to become a hoarder. I just feel compelled to hold onto these treasures.
I love to recycle and our family recycles most everything we can. While most of our waste can be recycled at the local recycling center one thing they don’t take is glass. With so many products coming in glass jars and bottles (like pasta sauces, salsas, and condiments to name a few) we always have glass on hand that I hate throwing away. I’m always looking for great ideas to Re-purpose and Reuse Glass Jars and love the look of my new storage jar! It was easy to make and has so many potential uses, besides Mason jars are hip in home decor.
Re-purpose and Reuse Glass Jars for Pretty Storage
- Old glass jar with metal lid
- Cabinet knob
- Spray paint
- All purpose adhesive – make sure it will work on metal
Clean and rinse the jar and remove the label if it has one.
Clean the lid well and dry it completely.
Using a spray paint suitable for metal surfaces spray the lid of the jar. Choose a metal finish or a fun color that works well with your decor. Allow the paint to dry completely and spray the lid a second time. Again, allow it to dry completely.
When the lid is totally dry use a small amount of adhesive to attach the cabinet knob to the painted lid. You can find great cabinet knobs at thrift shops, home stores, flea markets and more. Some kitchen and bath showrooms will give away outdated samples of cabinet hardware. This is a great way to find fun and unique pieces!
Allow the adhesive to set completely before filling your jar with great things! I filled my jar with pasta and placed it on my counter near my glass and black canisters. It’s a great look in the kitchen but would be fun in a bathroom, bedroom, craft room or anywhere! Imagine storing cotton balls or nail polish bottles in a jar like this in the bathroom!
- Sparkle Paper Towels Only $4 - 06/24/2018
- Splenda Sweetener Only $1.50 - 06/24/2018
- Tic Tac Gum Only $0.30 - 06/24/2018
- Energizer Max Batteries 16 Pack Only $6.99 – No Coupons Needed - 06/23/2018
- Softsoap Body Wash Only $2! No Coupons Needed – Starts 6/24 - 06/23/2018
- Downy Infusions Liquid Only $2.50 - 06/22/2018
- YES! Oxi Clean Laundry Detergent Only $0.99 – Starts 6/24 - 06/22/2018
- Clamato Michelada Drink Recipe – BOGO Deal at Publix - 06/22/2018
- All Laundry Detergent Only $1.97 - 06/21/2018
- DiGiorno Pizza Only $3 – Starts 6/24 - 06/21/2018