Summer break is around the corner for our daughter Marilu, meaning she will soon be coming home from college!! Ever since she relocated to New York to attend NYU’s School of Engineering, college breaks have become special EVENTS in our lives. While we are so proud of her and what she’s doing several states away, this mom is happy to have her baby back home for summer break! Is your child also coming home for the summer? Here are some ways to get prepared for the special homecoming.
3 Ways to Gear Up
A lot can change after an entire semester away for both you and your child. If you’re expecting a homecoming this summer, you may have to do a little bit of prep work to get your home ready for the arrival of your baby. Because, let’s face it, they’ll ALWAYS be our babies.
Clean Out Their Room
No matter how much we love our kids, their rooms ARE NOT immune to the change of college life. If your child’s room has become a sort of storage area (I’m guilty!) – like my daughter’s has become – it’s time to start cleaning it out. Your son or daughter is going to want to come home to the cozy comfort of their old room for summer break. Time to freshen up!
Throw a Party
Of course, this doesn’t have to mean an all-out bash, unless you want it to be. Often, more than just moms and dads miss their kids. Aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents also feel the loss of our children’s familiar place in their lives. A nice family get together is a great way for everyone to reconnect after a few months of our children being gone. We will be doing just that and visiting our relatives in Miami, then…………. continue reading to find out!
Do What you Love
Whatever your family loves to do, do it! Of course, you’re not going to have a solid three months of family outings. No one has the time for that. However, you can plan to do a few special family fun things with your child over summer break. For example, my husband, Marilu, and I will be going on a Fathom cruise to Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic as well as some small RV trips, a trip to New York, maybe even a trip to Los Angeles! It’s going to be so exciting!
Summer Break Should Focus on Family
Not all the time. Your kids have their own friends. BUT some quality bonding time is always in order when the kids come home for summer break. After you get their room in order, it’s just a matter of a wonderful homecoming and a few family bonding activities to really cement that bond that’s been so stretched over the school semester. Then….. they are off to see their friends!
Do you have kids in college coming home for the summer? What are YOUR plans?
- Nice! Bic Simply Soleil Women’s Razors Only $0.27 Each! - 10/15/2018
- STOCK UP!!! Scott Extra Soft Bathroom Tissue 12 ct ONLY $3! - 10/15/2018
- Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent & Tide Pods Only $1.69 Each! - 10/15/2018
- Nice Deal! Suave Advanced Therapy Lotion Only $0.47! - 10/14/2018
- Nice!! BOGO on Perdue Chicken Fully Cooked Making it $2.50! - 10/14/2018
- Chobani Smooth Yogurt-Single Serve Cups Only $0.25 - 10/14/2018
- Grab a Bag of Nestle Fun Size Candy Bars For ONLY $1.67! - 10/13/2018
- Excedrin Extra Strength, Migraine, Tension Headache or PM Headache, 20 ct Moneymaker! - 10/13/2018
- Tyson Fully Cooked Entree Kit Only $1.99! - 10/13/2018
- Barilla Pasta Sauce Only $0.50 - 10/12/2018