Disclosure: This is part of a sponsored collaboration with JCPenney and DiMe Media. However, all opinions expressed are my own.
As part of the Hispanicize event, I had the opportunity to attend the Tecla Awards and walk the red carpet! The Tecla Awards is the annual awards ceremony honoring excellence in U.S. Latino online video blogging, media, marketing, and the creators behind it all. As a blogger, I was super excited to be a part of the Tecla Awards red carpet! As another huge bonus, JCPenney helped me get all dolled up for the event with their stylish clothing and accessories, as well as tips on how to get the best looks.
(Ignore my flying hair)
JCPenney Helped Me Shine at the Tecla Awards
First of all, I’d like to give a BIG thank you to the Stylist whom I was able to work with thanks to JCPenney. I try to be fairly stylish whenever possible, but I know I lack a bit of experience in the field! My stylist really helped me up my game, and I am so happy. Throughout the entire process of picking out an outfit, complete with shoes and accessories, she gave me advice on how to make sure I looked red carpet ready.
Red Carpet Tips from My Stylist and Me to You!
Thanks to my incredible stylist, I looked wonderful, and I learned how to carry over that red carpet style from the Tecla Awards into my personal and blogging life, as well, so I’ll always be looking like a TRUE Mamacita no matter what kind of function I attend!
- Know Yourself – This one is key. Rather than picking clothes based on a look you see in a magazine, you should choose your clothes based on your own style, body type, what you like to flaunt or not and what works for you. Remember to also take the seasons and your budget into account! JC Penney was the perfect fit!
- Look at the Total Package – Your look involves more than just the clothes you pick. Start with the clothes, but don’t forget to put some real thought into your shoes and accessories. The shoes help accentuate your look, and great accessories bring it all together.
- Makeup is Part of the Look – This was a real eye opener for me. If you’re like me, you consider your makeup and your outfit separately. In reality, they should work together. Your look is more than your outfit. It encompasses everything about you from head to toe. My makeup was done by Ivelisse of Sephora at JC Penney at Miami Dadeland Mall. Highly recommended! The Salon by InStyle at JC Penney did a great job at styling my hair and they are now open at 15 JCPenney Stores!
Get Red Carpet Fabulous for Any Event with JCPenney
Thanks to JCPenney, ALL of us can be stylish and confident at any event. That’s because they have a huge assortment of private fashion brands offering the perfect blend of style, quality, and value that we’ve come to expect from JCPenney.
In addition to their great quality and value, they’ve also launched Penney Days. These special promotions in stores and on JCPenney’s website offer even more great deals throughout the year. There’s never been a better time to take advantage of the quality and value of JCPenney.
Again, a big thank you to JCPenney for helping me and all these Mamacitas,get red carpet fabulous for the Tecla Awards!
- Wow!! Garnier Fructis Hair Care Only $1 Starting 10/21!! - 10/21/2018
- Starting 10/21 Grab Cap’n Crunch Cereal Only $1.38!! - 10/21/2018
- Hallmark Cards Better-Than Free Starting 10/21!! - 10/21/2018
- Check Out This Deal On GoodBelly Probiotics Drinks For Only $1 - 10/20/2018
- Wow!! Rimmel 100% Waterproof MascaraOnly $1.19 Thru 10/27 - 10/20/2018
- Colgate Max 6 oz or 2in1 Toothpaste Only $0.99!! - 10/20/2018
- WOOT! Barilla Ready Pasta Pouch Only $0.50 Each! - 10/19/2018
- Wow! Whole Fruit Organic Juice Tubes Only $0.98!! - 10/19/2018
- Nice Freebie On SkinnyPop Popcorn Right Now! - 10/19/2018
- Don’t Miss This!! Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Lotion Only $1(Reg $5)! - 10/18/2018