Disclosure: I was not financially compensated for this post. I received a 2015 Mazda CX-9 for a test drive to facilitate this review. The opinions are my own, based on my personal experience with this vehicle.
I recently accompanied my daughter to her monthly Catapult Incubators start-up program for Young Entrepreneurs session at Stanford University and Google headquarters in the San Francisco area. We were given the opportunity to experience the beauty and luxury of the 2015 Mazda CX-9 first hand. It was an amazing trip made even more amazing by the most luxurious SUV I’ve ever had the pleasure of driving.
The 2015 Mazda CX-9 is a Dream
When our flight landed in San Francisco, I picked up my 2015 Mazda CX-9 and I was floored by how gorgeous it was. It was a huge, shiny black beauty with chrome trim and aluminum alloy wheels. It was SHARP! My daughter and I stowed all of our luggage in the back, and we couldn’t believe how much room there was! Even with a week’s worth of luggage for the both of us, it barely made a dent in the interior space.
After we’d taken care of our luggage, we headed to meet my friend, Lori. We had all arrived a day ahead the start of the sessions, so we could get together and catch up. The weather was really nice that day, so I rolled down the windows and enjoyed the smooth ride and the mild day. We met up with Lori, and the first thing she said was, “What a great SUV!” After an hour of catching up, comparing blog notes, talking about my daughter’s upcoming Stanford program, and generally basking in the glow of catching up, we decided to go on a driving tour of the city.
It was gorgeous. We hit all the major stops including the Golden Gate bridge. The architecture was amazing. If you’ve ever been to San Francisco, you know that some of those beautiful paver streets can be quite bumpy. The 2015 Mazda CX-9 was such a smooth ride, we never even felt a difference between the pavers and the paved roads.
About mid-way through our driving tour, we decided that a little radio was in order. It was a nice day, after all. We had our windows down. The breeze was nice. The radio seemed almost mandatory. In my regular car, you have to crank up the radio volume pretty far to hear very much. In the Mazda, not so much. I turned on the radio, cranked up the volume, and almost blew out all of of our ear drums! That Bose radio and 10 speakers mean business! When we’d recovered, we were really pleased at the sound quality. It was clear and clean, but it had a nice, fat bass tone as well.
We did all of this while we relaxed in the super comfortable interior of my sweet ride. The seats were as comfortable as they were beautiful. Leather trim is nice, folks. If the interior is nice, the climate control is even better. We’d been driving around San Francisco all day, and as the afternoon tuned to evening, it started to get a touch cool. We rolled up our windows and fired up the 3-zone automatic climate control. It was wonderful. It’s fully adjustable temperature controls were responsive. We didn’t have to worry about being too hot or too cold. It was very nice for all three of us, because we love our climate control!
The rest of the week was mostly devoted to my daughter’s program, but Lori and I sneaked away at every opportunity to cruise around in my 2015 Mazda CX-9. We even made the time to hit visit Twitter and Pinterest offices! It was so nice. I have never driven a more comfortable, responsive, elegant vehicle in my life. It was so much fun, I felt a pang of loss when I had to give it back before I left for home.
2015 Mazda CX-9 Specs
The week I spent in San Francisco with my daughter was amazing. So was the 2015 Mazda CX-9 that I got to use for the week. It was truly a wonderful driving experience the whole way around. Just to make sure you know all of the great features this wonderful SUV has to offer, I’ve included all of the specs. This is such a great vehicle, you NEED to know all of the bells and whistles this beautiful driving machine has.
- 20 inch aluminum alloy wheels
- Rain sensing wipers
- Power open/close lift gate
- Heated power mirrors
- 7 passenger seating
- Tilt/telescoping steering wheel with audio and cruise controls
- Power front windows with auto up and down and remote open
- Leather wrapped shift knob and steering wheel
- Heated 8-way power driver seat with power lumbar with 3-position memory
- Heated power front passenger seat
- Full color touch screen navigation
- Bose audio with 10 speakers
- Sirius Satellite Radio
- Heated power front passenger seat
- Leather trimmed seats
- 3-zone auto climate control
Safety and Security
- Anti-lock brakes with brake assist
- Tire pressure monitoring system
- 3-row side air curtains with roll over protection
- Roll stability control
- Blind spot monitoring system
- Rear backup sensors
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Dynamic stability control
- Side-impact door seams
This beauty is all that and a bag of awesome. The 2015 Mazda CX-9 is beautiful, comfortable, cutting edge, and safe. I had such a great time driving it, I didn’t want to give it back! I’m still trying to finagle a way to get them to give me one. No luck yet though. =(
- Sweet!! Schar Gluten Free Wafers Moneymaker - 01/18/2019
- Best Buy Open House Event 1/19 - 01/18/2019
- Captain Marvel Posters Just Released - 01/18/2019
- Garnier Fructis Hair Care Moneymaker This Week! - 01/17/2019
- Alka-Seltzer Plus Allergy FREE - 01/16/2019
- SWEET!! Forto Coffee Shot Moneymaker Right Now! - 01/16/2019
- Scott Comfort Plus Bath Tissue 12 Rolls Only $0.15 Per Roll!! Deal Starts 1/13! - 01/15/2019
- Crest Pro-Health or Complete Toothpaste FREE! - 01/15/2019
- Lysol Disinfecting Wipes Only $1.05 Each!! Stock Up! - 01/14/2019
- Valentine’s Day – Sweet Treats to Share! - 01/14/2019