Disclosure: This post is sponsored by A Girls Guide to Cars and the BMW Performance Center in Thermal California. However, opinions are 100% mine.
The Volkswagen Passat GT was the road-tripping vehicle that I and two other influencers drove from Los Angeles to Palms Springs for the Girls Guide 2 Learn conference. This sporty, family sedan was comfortable, stylish, and had enough power under the hood to give that hefty feel when driving that we all love so much.
It’s fitting that we drove to the conference, as it’s an event all about cars! When you look around, there isn’t much information out there about cars specifically for women. The Girls Guide 2 Learn Conference was all about bringing women and cars together. We had a great experience both there and on the road in our Volkswagen Passat GT.
On the Road with the Volkswagen Passat GT
My travel buddies and I left Los Angeles and made our way to Palm Springs in our Passat. So did our luggage. Remember the days when American cars had lost space and big trunks? I barely do. These days, most cars tend to have an okay capacity, but nothing to write home about. Not so with the Passat. We had plenty of space in the car, and we were able to fit ALL of our luggage in the trunk very easily. If you know bloggers, you know that that is a feat in and of itself. These events tend to last for several days so all of us had no shortage of luggage. It was nice to fit it all in the trunk without having to resort to cramming some of it in next to us.
In addition to a lot of space, the Volkswagen Passat GT drove incredibly well with a nice, smooth ride. I love that. I’m not a fan of feeling every single bump and crack in the road the way you do with some other cars. That meant an even more comfortable ride all the way to Palm Springs. In fact, the smooth ride is among one of my favorite thing about this car.
As we drove along, making our pit stops, I was continually struck with how pretty the car was as well. Every time we came back to the car from getting snacks (and to use bathrooms…us women!) I would stop to admire the space! The Passat GT has lovely lines, with a smooth overall feel and a bumper area that is just aggressive enough to be eye-catching. It’s a lovely car.
Volkswagen Passat GT Highlights
In addition to being a sporty, family sedan with great room and a smooth ride, the Volkswagen Passat GT also offers some nice extras that I really like. (Especially the sunroof, as you can see from the picture!)
- App-Connect – Just plug in a compatible smartphone and your select apps appear on the touchscreen display console.
- Family Entertainment Center on Wheels – The Volkswagen Passat GT features Fender Premium Audio with 400 watts of power and available SiriusXM satellite radio.
- Blind Spot Monitor – Helps alert drivers to cars in their blind spot when drivers attempt to change lanes. Available with Lane Assist.
- SiriusXM Traffic and SiriusXM Travel Link – Offers available features like enhance navigation with traffic, sports, weather, radio, and more.
- Perfectly Balanced Styling – The Volkswagen Passat GT boasts styling that is just aggressive enough, with sporty rims, mean (in a good way) headlights and grill, and nice curves throughout the vehicle.
- Beautiful Interior – This car has a lovely two-tone black and gray interior with the right amount of shiny black on the console to make the interior extra comfortable AND super sporty at the same time.
- Great Warranty – The Volkswagen Passat GT comes with a 72,000 mile/6 year warranty which is transferable to the new owner should you ever sell your car. But I don’t think you will. 😉
- Trunk – It is SUPER spacious! Perfect for Christmas shopping!
- Price – Starts at under $30,000! Perfect for those getting their first brand new car, out of college or even starting college!
Girls Guide 2 Learn Highlights
As part of the Girls Guide 2 Learn conference, we were treated to some incredibly interesting and fun events that allowed us to get in touch with our inner gearheads. Before we get to that, however, I must mention our accommodations.
The Volkswagen Passat GT and Girls Guide 2 Learn Were Two Great Experiences
The Girls Guide 2 Learn Conference was a fantastic experience. Road-tripping to the event in our Volkswagen Passat GT was a ton of fun and so comfortable. Bonding with two collegues and just enjoying the open road. It was a little like Thelma and Louise, but without all the angst or driving off of a cliff! 😉
Beginning the experience with the Volkswagen Passat GT and then continuing it through the Girls Guide 2 Learn conference was definitely one of the highlights of my year, and I am hopeful I get to come back again for another round of fun, cars, and serious girl power.
Head on over HERE to the Volkswagen website for all the detailed information and specifications for this beauty! Stay connected with Volkswagen on social media for promotions in your area!
- Instagram: @VW
- Twitter: @VW
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VW
- Purina Beneful Dry Dog Food Only $1.49 (Reg $5.99)! - 02/23/2019
- BIC Silky Touch Disposable Razors Moneymaker Deal! - 02/22/2019
- Score a FREE BIC Flex 2 Hybrid Razor 10-Count Pack - 02/22/2019
- Wow!!! Eucerin Skin Calming Creme Only $0.49 Each! - 02/21/2019
- Score Speed Stick Deodorants FREE This Week! - 02/21/2019
- Lean Cuisine Frozen Meals Only $0.73 - 02/20/2019
- Sweet Baby Ray’s Hot Sauce FREE Again! - 02/20/2019
- Ditch the Razor! The Philips Norelco S9000 Prestige Qi-Charge Electric Shaver at Best Buy - 02/20/2019
- Free Bic Silky Touch or Twin Select Disposable Razors - 02/19/2019
- Palmolive Dish Liquid Only $0.99! - 02/19/2019