Disclosure: As a Britax Latina Blogger/Advisory Board Member (and in partnership with Mami Innovative Media) this post is part of a sponsored outreach. All opinions expressed are my own.
Now that the frenzy of Valentine’s Day is over I thought this would be the perfect time to talk about what the Heart Wants. Not talking in terms of biology, but how we feel; how we love whether it be ourselves, our partner, our kids, our whole family etc.
While the sentiment of Valentine’s is lovely, the whole craziness of that week with prices going up on flowers and restaurants booked up, you can’t even attempt to go out spontaneously that night. So why not share our hearts more often, at other times of the year, even every day. What do I mean? Let’s start by remembering to love ourselves more. Moms are caught up in making time for everyone, except yourself the majority of the time, so give your heart some love! Wanting to lose weight (like me!), get fit or just be more healthy overall; make time for yourself. Even if it’s quickly taking out the baby or toddler in their Britax stroller for a brisk walk, a slow meandering walk, a trip to the shopping mall, whatever YOUR heart wants. Take a bubble bath, even just take 15 minutes for yourself and have a coffee or tea or whatever you like.
If you want to bring more love all year round, remember it doesn’t have to be lavish gifts, feel free to make a gift, bake something, make a special meal, write a little love note. One of my favorites was when my daughter was little I used to put a little note in my daughter’s lunch bag just saying I LOVE you. The older ones may not like the little notes, but you can change it up to suit the person.
So, if Valentine’s stresses you, it’s gotten too expensive or you just want to do more all year round, just think of giving yourself time. Doing hand made/home made gifts, little notes, more I love yous, there’s so much you can do that warms your heart and the heart of others and it doesn’t have to break the bank.
I also just have to add since it’s Heart Health Month try to do the little things to keep your heart healthy, eat healthy as much as possible, check your blood pressure, go for a stroll and just be happy. I know that’s my goal for this year and I hope your 2014 is a healthy heart one as well!
- FREE! Ricola Throat Drops - 02/19/2016
- Campbell’s Condensed Soups ONLY $0.49! - 02/17/2016
- CVS – Nature’s Bounty Optimal Solutions Hair, Skin & Nails Gummies ONLY $1.99! - 01/19/2016
- Land O’ Frost Simply Delicious Ham ONLY $1.74! - 01/18/2016
- Classico Pasta Sauce ONLY $0.10 at Publix! - 10/08/2015
- Kellogg’s Pop Tarts ONLY $1! Through 9/19! - 09/16/2015
- Nivea for Men Skin ONLY $0.50! - 09/14/2015
- Sandra’s All Natural Stuffed Chicken Breast ONLY $1.33 at Publix! - 09/12/2015
- **FREE** Skintimate at CVS + Overage! - 09/02/2015
- **FREE** Boogie Wipes at Dollar Tree! - 09/01/2015